1. This morning was my last run in Wyoming and I felt so strong! I killed all the hills that had once been so difficult to run up. I hit an 8:30 pace no problem. I feel like this is what training is all about. You work your butt off to get to a peak performance point. The point where everything just comes together and it all clicks.This morning was chilly and grey, but such a simple, empowering run.
2. The road to the marathon began 14 weeks ago. However, the physical trip to get there starts today. I’m heading down to Colorado for some Mommy-Sister-Niece time, before flying out to Portland, ME on Wednesday. I won’t see the streets of Laramie for 16 days. I have no idea what to pack for clothes, so I am packing everything and will refine it once I get to my Mom’s. She is way better at helping me pack. I suck.
3. Since I live in a town with only a Walmart and Kmart and no where else to shop, Mom and I are meeting up at the outlets near her house to shop for marathon clothes. I have no idea what the weather is going to be for marathon day and it is killing me!
4. Tomorrow, My Favorite Little Red Head turns two! So, it’s off to Denver for her par-tay! I am really excited about what I got her for her birthday. It is totally Auntie Mountain Kait.(Sounds like a royal name, uh)?
5. Mom’s excited because not only do we get to do shopping and happy hour today, but we all get to spend Mother’s Day with her. Love this woman! (and this little girl).
Anyone running races this weekend? 10 miles tomorrow-it’s taper time
What are you doing for your Mom for Mother’s Day? (I need some ideas)
Do you freak out with what to pack when travelling to races? Yup. It could either way with the weather right now. It has been a pattern of two days of rain and one day of sunshine. I’m so confused!